2. Melt the butter into the pot. Once the butter has melted, add the flour. Stir and cook this mixture for about three minutes.
3. Warm the vegetable broth slightly in the microwave. Add the broth to the pot and stir to dissolve all of the flour off of the bottom of the pot and off of the vegetables. Warm the milk in the microwave. Slowly add the milk while stirring.
4. Add the vegetables (green beans, carrots, celery, corn, peas) and the thyme. Increase the heat and bring to a then reduce to medium-low and cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. After simmering for 10-15 minutes, the liquid in the pot should have reduced and thickened. If the liquid is still runny, sprinkle in some cornstarch or flour to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the vegetable mixture in the bottom of an 8×8 inch casserole dish.
6. Spread biscuit dough over the top of your casserole dish. Remove any excess. Cut a few two-inch slits in the dough for ventilation. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
• 2 Tbsp Kewpie Roasted Garlic Onion Sauce
2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup milk
½ lb. green beans
2 medium carrots
2 celery stalks
½ cup frozen peas
½ cup frozen corn kernels
1 tsp dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet